Thursday 22 August 2019

As August Ends.

As August comes to an end,
so does the penance
so does the peace and
so does the pain.
I have lived and died and lived
moment by moment, in sufferance
and in healing, in assumption
that I can crack no more,
in self-assured future, in distorted presents.

As August comes to an end
your words come closer to reality,
I saved them for later doses.
Our memories are on fire,
they burn in rage and broken possibilities,
and I keep choking on their ashes,
I keep hearing your last blames.
Everyone else is sleeping in dreams and
certain peace that I too knew once,
now my nights keep taking me back to
your last calls, peace to me is a longing.

As August comes to an end, sooner this too
will die out due to the lack of attention.
Or I  shall hope for tomorrow and
tomorrow to explode in a thousand words to choose.
As August comes to an end,
I believe so should you.

No comments:

Post a Comment