Monday 21 January 2019

Overt Thoughts.

So you say 
that there's still hope,
for me, for us, for you.
I can live with that.
I see the minutes trudge away, 
leaving marks and
scratches, redolent of histories 
and songs of us; the detriment
has a progression, only matched 
by my hubris of going on,
what else can I do?

I can live, as I have, and as I will,
with the relatable facts and venal
fictions, with dates I cannot forget
and words I don't want to remember,
as you say, there's still hope,
as you'd know my inane volition
has ever been a little bit confused; 
I don't know where to stop. 

Intent's tendencies are all about tomorrow
and for all we know, I still have remnants 
of you left, for my most own moments.
Because there's still hope,
not of you, not here, not mine, never anymore; but of me.

Acerbic afternoons and corroding 
evenings will be my routine
and I know things will fade, as I have
from you, but since I still can write
lambasting or loving in the livid moments,
I know, there's still hope. 

No comments:

Post a Comment